By providing identifiable information when using our services, you expressly consent to these privacy practices.
The Information We Collect
Middle Georgia EMC collects information about you when you start service, update contact information, contact our customer service support, visit our website, and submit electronic requests.
The information we collect about you may include:
- contact information (name, mailing address, email and/or phone number);
- usernames, IDs, security question information for accounts you may establish on our website or with third parties associated with the services we provide to you;
- financial and banking information;
- Social Security Number; and
- driver's license or other state identification number.
We also collect account information from you such as:
- service address;
- energy consumption data;
- billing and payment history; and
- service history.
At Middle Georgia EMC, we do not collect personal information about you through our mgemc.com website unless you voluntarily provide it. Examples of personal information which you may choose to provide us while using our site may include:
- email addresses;
- mailing or service address;
- phone number;
- account number (if you are a current member);
- Social Security Number; and
- information about your computer or browser.
Middle Georgia EMC's website features registered and non-registered trademarks and content protected by copyright. Such trademarks and content may not be used without prior written permission from Middle Georgia EMC. From time to time, Middle Georgia EMC may provide links to third-party websites that may be of interest to its consumers. However, we are not responsible for the accuracy or content of the information.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Middle Georgia EMC uses your personal and account information to identify you, to establish, manage, and service your account, to facilitate payment, to communicate with you, to alert you about updated information and services, to improve our service for you, and to respond to any questions or comments that we receive from you. We also use this information to operate, evaluate, and improve our customer service, to protect against fraud, and to comply with legal requirements. Internal access to and disclosure of the information we retain about you is restricted to those with a legitimate business need.
Your privacy is important to us. Middle Georgia EMC does not sell your personal or account information for financial gain. Nor does Middle Georgia EMC share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with Middle Georgia EMC. Middle Georgia EMC may, however, share your personal or account information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, including:
- For use by trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential;
- When required by federal or state law, subpoena, search warrant, or court order;
- In response to requests about typical approximate monthly billing or usage, or from another utility provider from whom a consumer is applying for services;
- To investigate, prevent, or act on suspected or known illegal activities or interference with our operations, or to protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety; and
- As authorized by you.
Trusted third parties with whom we share personal information for purposes related to your service through Middle Georgia EMC may have separate applicable privacy policies. In some cases, Middle Georgia EMC may communicate with you about new energy products or services. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purpose, you may "unsubscribe" from within such email communications.
Middle Georgia EMC is committed to protecting your personal and account information. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the information we retain about you. We also comply with applicable data privacy and destruction requirements required by law.
However, no security system is fail-safe, and Middle Georgia EMC cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. Moreover, no transmission of information through email or the internet is entirely secure, and therefore Middle Georgia EMC cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us electronically.
Obtaining and Updating Personal or Account Information
If you wish to request your personal or account information, or request that certain information be updated or deleted, please contact us as indicated below. We will make every effort to respond to your requests in a timely manner.
How to Reach Us
We can be reached in the following ways:
- Postal Address:
- Physical Address:
July 3, 2023